Anticipating Tomorrow’s Mobility4icom is a European Consulting Group invested in Project Management, Engineering, Business Development, leveraging tailor-made solutions designed for complex projects.
Fields Of Expertise
With almost two decades dedicated to shaping innovation in Mobility, 4icom offers a wealth of experience in the sector. Our wide array of expertise allows us to become a true partner, supporting our clients and their challenges with our firm understanding on what the Future of Mobility will be made of.
Road User Charging
Intelligent Transport Systems
Road User Charging (RUC)
Road User Charging encompasses technological innovation, public investment policies (e.g. polluter-payer), intelligent and dynamic traffic management and a vision of a city’s future way of moving.
We have been involved on the last major RUC European projects of the decade in terms of project definition by toll charger, solution design and development by toll operators
Key areas of expertise:
- Toll Collection Systems
- User Assistance
- Enforcement & Control
- European Toll Service providers
- European interoperability
Intelligent Transport Systems
Intelligent Transport Systems represent a powerful tool to face today’s challenges: reducing pollution, fostering inclusion, limiting traffic congestion, facing high-density city living.
Our vision is that Rail-Road transport convergence should be seen as a key element of future solutions.
Mobile Technology is a main catalyst for innovation in the context of public transport policies.
Key areas of expertise:
- Digital ticketing
- Carsharing / Electromobility
- Autonomous vehicles
4icom leverages its experience in the Road User Charging sector to help actors lead complex projects in the field of Infrastructure Management.
With both technological and economic foci, we are involved in different industries such as Airport Infrastructure, Electric Vehicle Charging Infrastructure, Motorway Infrastructure.
Our proven methods are especially perfectly transferable to the demanding airport environment where high level precision and reliability are required.
Key areas of expertise:
- Airport Management
- Environmental Accreditation
- Infrastructure Security
4icom’s expert support is based on three fundamentals which feed off each other. This exhaustive approach allows us to build strong, long-term relationships with our clients leading to overall greater value impact.
In the face of constantly increasing project complexity and as a result of our vast experience in major European projects over the last decade, 4icom has developed advanced methods and tools with deep rooted technological components and interoperability requirements.
We believe that each project is unique and requires a tailored approach, but that the underpinning factors for success remain the same in all situations: ensuring exhaustivity, coherence and traceability in technical matters; fostering communication between all stakeholders; monitoring and mitigating risks and respecting budgets.
4icom relies on a team of experienced engineers who support our clients in the technical phases of their projects and bring specific expertise to their solution specifications.
4icom has developed strong expertise in the field of certification procedures, where deep technical expertise and rigorous project management methods are the key to success.
We also intervene in complex tender processes with a high technological component, where we support the bid teams in the elaboration of technical memorandums.
4icom continously conducts technological field intelligence, notably in the standards domaine. Some of our experts also take part in standardisation bodies.
4icom provides expert support to companies looking to develop their business in the field of Mobility, by either researching new opportunities or by finding the right business partner.
4icom is also a valuable partner in helping to validate the potential of a solution on the market or in facing the challenge of a long and complex tender procedure. We can leverage our wide network of clients, partners and experts to provide the analysis and recommendation to make your projects successful.
Our vast experience with clients, ranging from regulators to major industrial actors in the market as well as SMEs, has brought us a deep understanding of the market and a unique sense of its business trends that has proven to be of great value to both new players and established companies.
HEAVY GOODS VEHICLE CHARGING SCHEME
The French “Ecotaxe” project, launched by the State in 2009 and halted in 2014, was a state-of-the-art HGV charging scheme and has played a role of catalyst in the European market, both in terms of technology and in terms of method. 4icom has been involved in the key steps of the project.
- Support to Autostrade per l’Italia in the elaboration of the winning offer
- Project Management Office
- Provide Support to competitive dialogue
- Service point network definition
- Costing and risk management
- Business process description
- Telecommunication and security network
- Test management and integration support
- Documentation Management
- Expertise in interoperability matters
FRENCH EETS PROVIDER
With a presence in France, Spain, Portugal and Belgium, Axxès is the most advanced EETS (European Toll Service) Provider. Since 2014, 4icom has played a key role in the achievement of the ambitions of Axxès.
4icom has provided expert support to Axxès in the accreditation procedure in Belgium and the Definition of the environmental and regional strategy for the airport
- Desk research and analysis on the local context and development strategy of the PACA Region which became the first accredited EETS provider in this strategic GNSS Toll Domain.
Technical support during the certification process
- Traceability matrix of the requirements
- Definition of the “use cases”
- Definition of the test plan
- Laboratory tests
- End to End tests
- Testing scenario according to certification plan
- Interface with Toll Charger
DIRECTORATE GENERAL FOR MOBILITY AND TRANSPORT
4icom has led several studies on behalf of the “DG Move” focused on the future of Road User Charging in Europe.
Impact Assessment Study for the revision of the Eurovignette and EETS Directives
- Analysis of compliance costs for road users in the tolling schemes in the Member States
- Interviews of key stakeholders in the European tolling market (Toll Chargers, EETS providers, Transport associations)
- Analysis of the impacts of different policy options for the main stakeholders in terms of costs and business strategy
State of the Art of Electronic Tolling in Europe
- Extensive analysis and description of the different profile of tolling schemes in Europe, based on interviews European decision makers
- Cost-Benefit analysis and technical expert review
- Recommendations to the European Commission for the evolution of the EU-Directives
Italian airport management company Aeroporti di Roma (ADR) and its parent company Atlantia put forward a bid and won the tender from the French State to take over the second largest airport in France.
4icom coordinated the elaboration of the Industrial and Environmental Project of the bid.
Support to the Due Diligence and business analysis
- Analysis of the documentation in the dataroom
- Risk analysis and mitigation
Definition of the environmental and regional strategy for the airport
- Desk research and analysis on the local context and development strategy of the PACA Region
- Benchmark of the environmental strategy of leading European airports
- Drafting of the Industrial and Environmental Project
- Coordination of Project writers (incl. financial and legal advisors)
- Organisation of the validation meeting with the consortium’s Board Members
- Key Support in the project presentation to local authorities
HEAVY GOODS VEHICLE CHARGING SCHEME
Launched in April 2016, the GNSS-based Heavy Goods Vehicle charging scheme in Belgium is one of the most innovative of its kind, EU-Directive compliant program of this kind in Europe.
4icom has been involved in the key stages of the project.
- Support to T-Systems and Strabag in the elaboration of the winning offer
- Technical expertise for the design of the solution
- Risk Analysis and mitigation
- Business Intelligence
- Cost analysis and support in the development of the operating model
- Setup and interim Management of the “Service Points and Logistics” Department
- Business process engineering for OBU-Distribution
- SW-development management (incl. vendor management): specifications, development follow-up, coordination with Test & Integration team
- Design and implementation of the OBU distribution network (incl. geographical analysis and 128 SP)
Ecomouv / 2009-2014
Axxès / 2015-2016
European Commission / 2015-2017
Atlantia – ADR / 2016
VIAPASS / 2013-2016
Methodology & Tools
4icom’s expertise is guided by a series of methods and tools, which help tackle complexity and ensure the most efficient, exhaustive and compliant outcome to our clients projects.
4icom’s methods and tools are particularly important in the context of accreditation procedures or solution specification work, which involves the completion of thousands of requirements.
At the forefront of new contexts
These assets are continuously updated and enhanced, to be at the forefront of new contexts and to be continuously enriched by the experience we gather in the course of our projects.
Share and spread our proven methods
Our consultants are expertly trained to master these methods and tools, but also to share them with our clients in order to maximise the value we bring to each project.
4icom relies on a team of experienced consultants and experts from various nationalities and backgrounds. They are involved at all project stages, ranging from economic studies to field deployment.
Christoph von krockow
3 European offices
7 spoken languages
With offices in Paris, Berlin and Rome, 4icom has been helping European private and public actors build and operate innovative mobility solutions since 2000.
For more information about 4icom or to discuss business opportunites, feel free to send us an email via this contact form. We will get back to you as soon as possible!
You can also directly contact one of our offices. Contact details are displayed on the "Offices" section above.
Interested in joining our company?
Please, fill in the form with the requested information and attachments.
We will contact you as soon as possible.
Le site 4icom.com est la propriété de la société 4icom (SARL au capital de 12 000€), immatriculée au Registre du Commerce et des Sociétés de Paris sous le numéro RCS 431.578.509 et dont le siège est situé au 11 rue du Chevalier de Saint-George, F-75008 Paris – Tél : +33 1 44 50 16 22
Conception, réalisation : Madeleine Piffaretti
Hébergement : OVH – 2 rue Kellermann – 59100 ROUBAIX – France
Conformément à la Loi Informatique et Libertés (Loi n° 78-17 du 6 janvier 1978), nous vous rappelons que tout tiers dispose d’un droit d’accès, de modification, de rectification et de suppression des données le concernant. Ces droits peuvent être exercés en envoyant un email à firstname.lastname@example.org